Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Week 1 - Day 6

I ended up going out to eat after training today and didn’t get around to doing my breathing exercises until 11pm. Not a good time to trying to focus and re-energize. I really need to switch over to a morning practice which would require getting up early, which I'm terrible at.

I went to the doctor for something unrelated earlier in the day (or maybe it is related?) and when checking my throat, asked me if I was feeling sick because it was very inflamed.

When I laid down to do my breathing with my head was pounding. Back too tight, too much coffee, not enough water. I get like this probably once a month due issues with poor posture and training.

After every round I felt as if I was getting sicker and sicker, my throat and nose closing. 1:30, 2:35, 2:30.

It felt exhausting to continue.

I decided to forgo the cold shower, took an Aleve, had a warm shower and went to bed.

I asked the Wim Hof group online about how I was feeling (Nose and throat closing) and they again said it’s very normal for people to get sick in the beginning of the practice. In addition, they added that if I didn’t feel up to it, to stop the cold showers until I felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment